- Live a Life of Integrity. Doing what is right, even when people aren’t watching. Ephesians 5:15-16 Be very careful, then, how you live – not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
- KNOW THE BASICS
- Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 10:9-10 – If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
- Romans 10:13 – for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- John 3:16 For God so love the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Listen to & Follow the Holy Spirit. Philip and the Ethiopian (Acts 8:26-40) Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road – the desert road – that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian eunuch, an important official in charge of all the treasury of the Kandake (which means “queen of the Ethiopians”).This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship, and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet. The Spirit told Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.” Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked. “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
Bring People to Jesus. Lessons From the Disciple Andrew
1) Matthew 4:18-19 – Jesus calls Peter and Andrew to follow Him and He will make them fishers of men.
2) Matthew 4:18-19 – Jesus calls Peter and Andrew to follow Him and He will make them fishers of men.
3) John 1:35-42 – Andrew brings his brother, Simon Peter, to Jesus.
4) John 6:5-10 – Jesus asks how to feed the crowd, Philip states it would take more than half a year’s wages, Andrew brings the boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish.
5) John 12:20-22 – People ask Philip to see Jesus, Philip goes to Andrew, Andrew brings them to Jesus.
Mark 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation…”
John 17:11b, 15 (11b) “Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one…(15) My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.”